Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Easy Knitting

On a warm day last week, my husband helped me pot pansies on the front porch. Some beautiful Spring days have come our way. I love the color returning to the landscape. When the sun shines, the gray birch bark gleams silver and the blue sky is bright above the new green of leaf tips. The yellow of daffodils warms my heart. Spring wouldn't be spring without the ups and downs in weather. Today is down right brisk and some kind of precipitation, either rain or snow, is forecast for Thursday and Friday. I have two brave daffodils blooming. I may pick them and bring them inside. We might as well enjoy them for a day or two.

My shoulder is healing and feels quite a bit better. I've been reading more and knitting carefully. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am still rereading books on my shelf. I finishing The Thirteenth Tale, quite the gothic tale. I can't say it's great literature but it was entertaining and I enjoyed the references to Jane Eyre. I don't think I'll read it again though - twice is enough. Currently I am rereading a book of short essays, An Unspoken Hunger, by Terry Tempest Williams. Williams is one of my favorite non-fiction writers. This book was published in 1994 so some subject matter is dated but her words and thoughts still carry a message for today. She writes of family, place, and the environment.


The Rewilding Shawl is coming along. The second color in the gradient is a soft lavender. As I've learned again, focus on one project equals progress. Over the weekend, I looked at Norah's sweater, checked the gauge, and then ripped back a few inches to the neck ribbing. The stitch count of the sleeve areas was incorrect. Rather than count stitches in every row, I ripped back. It was an easy problem to solve. As soon as my shoulder is completely well, I enjoy knitting on it.

Linking with Kat and the Unravelers this week. May the Spring flowers in your neck of the woods bud and bloom soon, if not today.

9 comments:

  1. Pansies are such happy little flowers. We didn't pot pansies this year. We did daffodils and hyacinths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pansies are always the first thing I plant in the spring. They make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description of your view, Jane. I love that faint green "mist" in the trees and bushes as new leaves emerge. I am glad your shoulder is healing, albeit slowly! May you be knitting on that sweater for Norah soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you with the weather forecasts for the west and plains. I've seen a blizzard, hail, wind, and maybe even a tornado in the forecast, so I hope your actual weather doesn't include all of those. I hope your daffodils are happy being rescued, your pansies keep smiling, and more signs of spring show up soon in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed my daffodils the week +days they sat on the windowsill - their fragrance as well as brightness filled my soul. I hope you don’t get caught up in that “spring storm.” I also am pleased to read that your shoulder is mending...and yes, slow, easy is the best prescription. Your shawl is lovely. Take care.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! I hope you are not in the path of the snow cyclone or whatever they are calling it. Be safe!!

    Pansies have to be the most cheerful flower - always bringing smiles. Your book looks very interesting. I found another one by that author at my library and am on the wait list on Overdrive for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your shawl is cheerful and spring like! It's definitely spring around here and I'm enjoying it immensely!! Glad you are feeling a wee bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't gradient yarn the most fun? I could knit endless shawls with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely shawl. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thecolors. I love blues and creams.

    ReplyDelete